We here at Very Little Known Facts are not prefect. Ha! Just kidding. On a more serious note, however, it is true that we here at Very Little Known Facts are not perfect. Although our dedicated team of volunteer fact-checkers, researchers, interviewers, editorial assistants, and janitorial staff work around the clock to keep you updated on all the newest and littlest-known facts in this world in which we all live and breathe, they are only human. So it falls to us, the editors, to apologize for their mistakes.
Unlike many reputable news organizations, we at VLKF have a policy of prominently displaying all our corrections. Read on and accept our sincerest apologies.
CORRECTION: In our post Hot, Fresh New Facts dated August 21, we reported the following:
- WHAT A WASTE! In Singapore they only eat the "walking legs" of the notoriously dumb langoustino. They throw the delicious tail away!
ADDITION: In our post Very Little Known History of This Week: July 28 dated July 28, the following item appeared:
- 1928: Al Capone is arrested and tried on charges of embezzling funds from his own crime syndicate.
- 1928: Al Capone is arrested and tried on charges of embezzling funds from his own and other crime syndicates.
CORRECTION: In our post entitled Happy Zero-th Birthday dated June 26, the following fact appeared:
- IF YOUR BABY WAS BORN TODAY: Your child will graduate from college in the year 2020, except by then "college" will be a robot.
RETRACTION: In our post A Fact Is a Fact Is a Fact dated June 9, the following entry appeared:
- Cold water boils faster than hot water.
CORRECTION: Our post entitled That Sounds About Right... dated May 15 contained the following:
- THE DAY THE MUSIC STOPPED: Country crooner Waylon Jennings was the sole survivor of the 1958 plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Richie Havens, and the Big Bopper.