This age-old question has haunted mankind ever since Charles Darwin published his semenal work The Original Species several years ago. Perhaps some of these Very Little Known Facts can shed new light on a very old, very controversial problem.
- The longest recorded flight of a domesticated chicken was 13 seconds. The chicken in question flew 1.2 miles.
- FANCY FOOD: The restaurant "Po Folks" was named after the European river Po which flowed serenely through the land that the founders of that fine dining establishment called home. Eventually the name was shortened to "Folks," and finally changed to "Denny's."
- Rhinos lay the largest eggs of any reptile since the Golden Age of the Dinosaurs.
- DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING: It is unlawful for a blind person to testify in court as a witness.
- BE CAREFUL: On average, up to 1,000 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year. In Florida, the number is even higher!
- Al Capone's business card said that he was a used furniture dealer. Ironically, this was his profession from the time he was paroled in 1957 until, tragically, he died from old age in 1980.
- NOBODY MOVE: To prevent population loss, the state of North Dakota fined its own citizens $350 to move out of state from 1961 to 1973. The money was then divided up amongst families who had moved to the state in that year. Native Americans were not eligible.
- The hit Paul Newman and Robert Redford movie Cool Hand Luke was based on Shakespeare's play The Tempest.
- ROCK OUT! Rock salt is not made from rocks. It is composed of pure sodium.